Version 2016 REL 5
Release Date: 10 Jun, 2016
- Limit Rod section to 100 feet.
- Fixed an error that was preventing the application from launching in rare situations.
Version 2016 REL 4
Release Date: 06 May, 2016
- Add pumping units for Shores Sentry units.
- Improved printing speed when using network printers.
- Improved expert analysis.
Version 2016 REL 3
Release Date: 04 Apr, 2016
- Improved output report texts.
- Fixed issue with error in pump card for deviated cases running with Unico LRP units.
- Fixed issue with report not loading when using IPR report is selected.
- Fixed issue with negative production displacement appearing for certain cases.
Version 2016 REL 2
Release Date: 01 Mar, 2016
- Add new units for Liberty Conventional and Liberty Enhanced Geometry.
- Update CAMROD-HS to use MG T/2.8 stress method.
Version 2016 REL 1
- Add new units for Rotaflex, Liberty Enhanced Geometry, San Jack, and Maximizer III.
- Add new fiberglass rods, WFT ADV.
- Updated crank angle for Lufkin Reverse Mark 456-365-120.
- Updated rod names for COROD.
- Updated Fiberflex fiberglass name to Fiberflex API.
- Improved detections including phase adjustments and pump hitting up.
- Improved A/C dimension adjustment.
- Updated calculation logic for Hydrualic and LRP units or wells with VSD.
- Updated message explaining why XDIAG changes the friction when running a case.
- Updated message to further explain severe downhole problems.
- Updated tubing and casing pressure maximum limit to 2500 psi.
- Fixed issue certain case not displaying output report.
- Fixed issue with entering rod guide frictions for non-English regional settings.
- Fixed issue with various cut-off, missing, or redundant messages.
- Fixed message regarding malfunctioning tubing anchor.
- Fixed issue with unable to run a case after deleting the last taper.
- Fixed issue with spreadsheet not appearing again while running in batch mode.
Version 2015 REL 7
Release Date: 14 Oct, 2015
- Fixed issue with tubing anchor option not enabled when it should be.
- Fixed issue with certain cases not displaying dynamometer card overlay properly.
- A zero (0) value can now be entered for gross production to simulate unknown production.
Version 2015 REL 6
Release Date: 09 Sep, 2015
- Add new HG Bent Beam pumping unit.
- Add new Megalex Carbon Fiber rods.
- Updated stress analysis for John Crane Series 200 fiberglass rods.
- Updated scoring page to show 'Full pump and fluid level at the pump' for certain cases.
- Fixed issue with friction coefficient checkbox being disabled when it shouldn't be.
- Fixed issue with tubing size changing for new cases when returning the tubing input window.
- Fixed issue with incorrect rod guide threshold appearing on the expert analysis output page.
- Fixed issue with rod guide recommendation threshold warning appearing when it shouldn't.
- Updated text on expert analysis output page to display 'feet over the pump'.
- Fixed title text on dynamometer card to display 'Surface Card (actual)'.
Version 2015 REL 5
Release Date: 11 Aug, 2015
- Add new John Crane Series 200 fiberglass rods.
- Add new Liberty Conventional, Weatherford Maximizer III, Lufkin TC, and Unico LRP pumping units.
- Improved dynamometer card analysis.
- Fixed issue with differences in velocity plot between XDIAG and XROD/RODSTAR.
Version 2015 REL 4
Release Date: 26 Jun, 2015
- Changed XDIAGV to XDIAG on message regarding locked out sentinel.
- Updated label for 'Save As' dialog.
- Fixed issue with ChartFX license.
- Fixed issue with incorrect OD and ID displayed for selected Tubing size.
- Fixed issue with adjusted/measured stroke length displaying zero after saving and loading a case.
- Fixed issue with missing deviation survey when loading XDIAG deviated case while in vertical mode.
Version 2015 REL 3
Release Date: 11 Jun, 2015
- Automatically switch to appropriate deviated/vertical mode depending on file being loaded.
- Removed Product Licensed To and File Path on splash and about window.
- Improved buoyancy message on output report.
- Removed duplicated icon.
- Fixed issue with tubing anchor depth input incorrectly enabled/disabled.
- Fixed minor text issues on output report.
- Fixed issue with incorrect product name in missing deviation survey error message.
- Fixed issue with re-opening About window.
- Fixed issue with incorrect file type name when loading dynamometer file.
Version 2015 REL 2
Release Date: 08 May, 2015
- Spanish language is available.
- Deviated demo cases are included in the installer.
- Fixed issue with plunger size changing after returning to pump and tubing input screen.
- Fixed issue with missing dyno plot data when saving.
Version 2015 REL 1
Release Date: 07 Apr, 2015
- Updated pumping units database and rod database.
- Chinese language is available.
- Add column on calculation report for stress calculation method.
- Add velocity plots to output report.
- Improved charts on output report.
- Fixed issue with software storing errors in wrong area in user's PC.
- Fixed issue with load shift data being retained from previous run.
- Fixed issue with custom pumping unit not selected after loading case.
- Fixed issue with running case with custom hydraulic pumping unit.
- Fixed issue with software locking up after clicking on new case when dynamometer card animation is running.
- Fixed issue with measured and calculated stroke length being shown incorrectly on the output report.
Release Date: 04 Feb, 2015
- Add ability to recognize network HASP keys and Cloud Licensing.
Release Date: 21 Aug, 2013
- Buoyancy is included when running calculation.
- Added new checkbox in Setup to display all bottom minimum stresses with buoyancy included, defaulted to unchecked.
- Added footnote in report to better explain buoyancy in top and bottom stresses.
- Display correct down hole card being displayed based upon buoyancy being included or not.
- Added option to use all entered deviation survey points, including those beyond pump setting depth, in output 3D plot.
- Weatherford C, D, K rod grade.
- Added missing columns to rod string matrix on cover page.
- 'Include Buoyancy' removed from Pump and Tubing Screen.
- Changed stress color.
- Improved Expert line settings.
- Improved line movements using up and down arrows approaching zero FOP.
- Improved top and bottom line settings and movements related to FoMax and use of arrow keys.
- Improved load shift detection and repair.
- Analyze Downhole Dynamometer Card:
XDIAG’s main purpose is to translate a surface dynamometer card to downhole dynamometer card and analyze the downhole dynamometer card. XDIAG is able to analyze any downhole card and provide users with an expert diagnosis report. This saves time, especially when trying to analyze critical and problematic wells. During its analysis, XDIAG is able to determine the pump condition, pump friction, fluid level, pump intake pressure, fluid production, pump-fillage, and net pump displacement.
- SCADA Independent:
With XDIAG, SCADA systems can export their surface dynamometer card to THETA’s .dyn (dynamometer) file format and import it into XDIAG. Using your entered well configuration and THETA dynamometer file, XDIAG will be able to perform a detailed analysis on your well, identifying all the key areas that requires your immediate attention.
- Detect and Correct Input Errors:
With its sophisticated diagnostic and analysis engine, XDIAG is able to detect and correct multiple input errors:
- Incorrect Load Shift: Some older measured cards or, in rare cases, bad load cells, the measured card may have a shift. Based on the entered system configuration, XDIAG can determine if there is a possible shift in the measured card.
- Incorrect Load Span: Similar to a load shift correction, there may be a load span error. Using the calculated pump card, XDIAG can determine if there is an error in the span of the card (upstroke and downstroke load difference).
- Incorrect Fluid Level: Using the calculated pump card, XDIAG determines the fluid load on the plunger. With this information XDIAG can determine if there may be an error in the entered fluid level. Keep in mind that the fluid level in the software is of liquid only. If there is a gaseous column, it will be difficult to match the measured fluid level with the calculated fluid level.
- Incorrect Phase-Shifted Surface Positions: Using the calculated pump card, certain characteristics point to a phase shift in the measured card. This could be to a lag between recording the load and position values, or an incorrect top of stroke setting. XDIAG can make adjustments to the measured surface card to correct this.
- Incorrect Non-Kinematic Surface Positions: Given the geometry of the selected pumping unit, if the position points of the surface card are not within a reasonable difference from the measured card, XDIAG can correct these position values. In most cases, this is caused by an incorrect pumping unit selection.
- Incorrect Measured Stroke Length: Similar to the kinematic corrections, if the calculated stroke length of the unit isn’t within a reasonable distance of the calculated stroke length from the pumping unit geometry, the length of the card is corrected to match that of the calculated stroke length.
- Incorrect Out of Order Dynamometer Data: This is a rare case where the recorded position and load data is jumbled when recorded. Using the kinematics, XDIAG can correct the out of order data to clean up the measured surface card.
- Analyze Downhole Dynamometer Card:
- Expert Diagnostic Analysis Report:
With XDIAG’s expert analysis, you can easily identify the key areas to improve your rod pumping system. XDIAG analyzes what is happening downhole and can let you know if you are having traveling valve, plunger leaks, etc. Other sections include rod stress analysis, surface equipment analysis, and input data analysis.
- System Design Score Report:
The system design score in XDIAG is based on a worst case scenario. This means a full pump with fluid level at the pump. The reason XDIAG does this and does not score using the current condition is because the current condition may have a high fluid level. This can cause all the loads on the system to be very low. That may present the design as over designed or within acceptable range. But if the well were to be pumped off, it would be at risk of causing a failure. So XDIAG scores based on a full pump with fluid level at the pump because it is the condition where the highest loads occur. Each portion of the scoring page is based on common industry practice. XDIAG deducts more from scores for parts that are overloaded and can cause a failure. Conversely, XDIAG deducts less from under-loaded parts because those parts will not cause a failure (although they may cause lower efficiency due to large equipment doing a small job).
- Calculated Results Report:
The calculated results report is the backbone of the output. It shows the pump input data and resulting output calculations. The input side includes fluid properties, motor information, pumping unit information, pump and tubing information and rod string design. From this data, output calculations such as surface calculations (loads and efficiency), the required prime mover, gearbox torque and energy consumption.
- Velocity Plots:
The velocity plots page is a simple one that shows the speed of the polished rod or plunger at a given position. This is still being used for R&D and the goal is to have it provide more information about the system condition as it is studied. Currently, it is most useful in describing how the velocity of the polished rod and plunger are not symmetrical and, in the case of the plunger, not intuitive.
- Expert Diagnostic Analysis Report: